|Think at your own risk.
| Thursday, March 15, 2007
| Natalie Hollway mystery solved!
|The sinking of the Lucitania ... the attacks on Pearl Harbor ... the Lindbergh baby kidnapping ... the JFK assassination ... the attacks of 9/11 ... 3/11 ... Bali ... the deadly Western wildfires ... the bird flu ... simple, chronic hallitosis ... what do all of these evils have in common? They were the evil brainchildren of the true terror mastermind of all time ... the universally guilty ... the human confessional ... Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. Through the crack efforts of the Bush administration's war on terror, al-Qaida's umpteenth "number two" has confessed to all ... and I do mean ALL:
WASHINGTON - Suspected 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed confessed to the beheading of American journalist Daniel Pearl and a central role in 30 other attacks and plots in the U.S. and worldwide that killed thousands of victims, said a revised transcript released Thursday by the U.S. military. ... leading to the obvious question: what hasn't the evil sheikh confessed to???
"I decapitated with my blessed right hand the head of the American Jew, Daniel Pearl, in the city of Karachi, Pakistan," Mohammed is quoted as saying in a transcript of a military hearing at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, released by the Pentagon.
"For those who would like to confirm, there are pictures of me on the Internet holding his head," he added.
Mohammed's claimed involvement in the 2002 slaying of the Wall Street Journal reporter was among 31 attacks and plots — some of which never occurred — he took responsibility for in a hearing Saturday at the U.S. naval prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, the Pentagon said.
Where to begin... The Times of London elucidates:
1. The 1993 bombing of the World Trade Centre in New York City.(Sigh) ... so many terror plots, so little torture time...
2. The September 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon in Washington.
3. A shoe bomber operation to bring down two US commercial airplanes.
4. The Filka Island operation in Kuwait that killed two American soldiers.
5. The deadly bombing of a nightclub in Bali, Indonesia.
6. Planning a “second wave” of attacks on major US landmarks in the wake of the September 11, with targets including the Library Tower in California, the Sears Tower in Chicago, the Plaza Bank building in Washington state and the Empire State Building in New York.
7. Planning and financing operations to destroy US military vessels and oil tankers in the Straits of Hormuz, the Straits of Gibraltar, and in Singapore.
8. A plan to blow up the Panama Canal.
9. An assassination attempt against former US President Jimmy Carter, as well as other former presidents.
10. A plot to blow up suspension bridges in New York.
11. A plan to burn fuel trucks beneath or around the Sears Tower in Chicago in order to destroy it.
12. Plotting to destroy targets in London, including Heathrow Airport, Canary Wharf and Big Ben.
13. Attacks on night clubs in Thailand frequented by Americans and Britons.
14. A plot targeting the New York Stock Exchange and other US finance industry targets post 9/11.
15. A plan to use airplanes flying from Saudi Arabia to attack and destroy buildings in Elat, Israel.
16. Planned attacks to destroy American embassies in Indonesia, Australia and Japan.
17. Attacks on Israel’s embassies in India, Azerbaijan, the Philippines and Australia.
18. An attack on an Israeli El-Al Airlines flight from Bangkok.
19. Sending several Mujahidin into Israel to survey “strategic targets" deep in the country.
20. The deadly suicide bombing of a hotel in Mombasa, Kenya, frequented by Jewish travellers in November 2002.
21. The failed attempt to down an Israeli jet taking off from an airport in Mombasa with an SA-7 surface-to-air missile.
22. A plot to attack American military bases and nightclubs frequented by US soldiers in South Korea.
23. Providing the financial support to attack US, British and Jewish targets in Turkey.
24. Surveillance undertaken for a plan to hit nuclear power plants that generate electricity in several US states.
25. A plot to attack Nato headquarters in Europe.
26. The 1995 Bojinka Operation to down 12 American planes full of passengers flying between mostly Pacific Rim airports. Personally monitored a round-trip from Manila to Seoul on Pan Am Airlines.
27. An assassination attempt planned against the former US President Bill Clinton during his visit to the Philippines in the mid-1990s.
28. A separate assassination plot to kill Pope John Paul II while he visited the Philippines.
29. Plans to assassinate Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf.
30. An attempt to destroy an American oil company that operates on the Indonesian island of Sumatra, owned by the former US Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger.
Mr. Mohammed, now that you have gotten so much off your chest, kindly tell us where Jimmy Hoffa is buried, and maybe ... just maybe ... we'll ask our real life Jack Bauers to stop torturing you... maybe...
Meanwhile, the Counterterrorism blog has details of the tribunal transcripts.
And the "24" crowd went wild! Isn't it just the thing to distract from that nasty Al Gonzales scandal?
Update: Surpsie! There's doubt brewing about the Sheikh's big confession.
Labels: khalid sheikh mohammed, war on terror
|posted by JReid @ 4:24 PM