Zell Miller strikes again!
Miller was the Thursday keynoter at the annual gathering of the American Legislative Exchange Council, which ostensibly is a bipartisan or nonpartisan group of legislators. In practice, however, ALEC is overwhelmingly Republican, as evidenced by the the speakers Thursday who bashed President Barack Obama and the the Democratic majority in Congress. This morning at breakfast it was economist Stephen Moore. At lunch it was WSB radio host Herman Cain, a former Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, and then Miller, who served as a Democrat but famously rejected the party near the end of his time in Washington.
… Obama, “our globe-trotting president,” Miller said, “needs to stop and take a break and quit gallivanting all around. I think (chief of staff) Rahm Emanuel ought to get some Gorilla Glue and put it in that chair in the Oval Office and say ‘Sit here awhile.’”
Oh, he must meant a brand of glue … he wasn’t saying anything racist … right …???
“We Do Not Advocate Attempting to Glue the Leader of the Free World to His Chair”
* In response to Zell Miller’s recent comments, The Gorilla Glue Company sends letter to President Obama.
* The response was sent today from the desk of Peter Ragland, President, The Gorilla Glue Company.
* The Gorilla Glue Company does not advocate the gluing of President Obama to his chair with their product.
* The quality adhesive products produced by the company are for the toughest building and repair jobs.
* Gorilla brand products are created with strength and toughness as the goal.
* The Gorilla Glue Company is a family owned business located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
* Gorilla Glue represents just the type of growing small business that President Obama mentions as the job creators in our country.
* Gorilla Glue continues to: create new jobs, boast of no lay-offs, provide healthcare for all full-time employees and proudly make all products in the USA.
And here’s the letter: