Miami Heat star Dwayne Wade followed in teammate Shaq’s footsteps by ditching the wifey for someone new. But while Shaq is suing his ex for making him look bad on TV, Dwayne is seeing the other side of the courtroom … or, rather, his girlfriend, actress Gabrielle Union is:
Dwyane Wade’s nasty divorce just got kicked up a notch. His estranged wife, Siohvaughn, is suing the b-ball star’s not-so-secret girlfriend, Gabrielle Union.
In the suit filed in Chicago — where the feuding former high school sweethearts are from and Siohvaughn now lives — the unhappy homemaker alleges the Cradle 2 the Grave star, 37, inflicted emotional distress on their kids with her actions.
Engaging in “sexual foreplay” in front of the ex couple’s two sons — 8-year-old Zaire and 2-year-old Zion — at Flash’s North Bay Village home, Siohvaughn alleges.
The suit also charges that the Heat guard, 28, allowed Zaire to play unsupervised around the pool at night and the kid is suffering from such severe anxiety that he is undergoing court-ordered mental evaluations, experiencing headaches and losing hair.
The NBA star released a statement saying he was “shocked” by “this baseless and meritless” lawsuit: “I am deeply saddened and disappointed that Siohvaughn has used our sons once again as pawns and is now lashing out at Gabrielle, who is an innocent party. It is clear that this is a desperate attempt to retaliate against me for seeking sole custody of our children and requesting that the court have her undergo a psychiatric examination. My primary concern is my children and actions such as this only inflame the situation and are harmful to their well being.”
As for Union, her legal rep said the actress wasn’t even in the state of Florida “where and when each of these allegations are said to have occurred.”
Siohvaughn, who is only seeking about $50,000 from Union in her suit, even goes after Gabbie’s movie roles:
“Defendant has played sexually explicit roles, including roles as a seductress,” the lawsuit reads. “Defendant has apparently decided to take her role beyond the films and into the home of a married man, Dwyane Wade, in the presence of his two minor children.”
Not sure she’s been in anything that racy, but okay …
And more details from the suit have hit the web, including the fact that Siovaughn is claiming her sons, who are 8 and 2, suffered emotional harm because they got “medium sized” Christmas gifts while Union’s gift was big. Seriously. And…
- Dwyane has told the children on occasions that Gabrielle Union will be their new mother soon.
- Dwyane has told the children that he is divorced from Siohvaughn. They are currently in the midst of the divorce proceedings, but still officially married.
- Around Christmas 2009, Dwyane took the children to his bedroom and showed them a picture of him kissing a woman. He then, in an “obviously orchestrated meeting”, brought Union into the home and introduced her to the boys as his girlfriend. He then told them that she was going to be his wife and told them “that is why your mom and I are going to divorce.”
- Zaire, now 8, “nearly drowned” while playing unsupervised by the pool at night, and it was Dwyane’s mother, Jolinda, who ran outside to save him.
- Speaking to a child representative afterwards, Zaire “literally wrapped his arm” around the representative’s and asked him to “put his father in jail first” so that he wouldn’t have to go back to “the house where the woman kissing daddy lives.”
- On one occasion Gabrielle Union drove the boys to the park and placed Zaire, then 7, in the front seat. Zaire said “If she would have crashed, I would have got killed.”
What a mess, as it pretty much always is when divorce and kids intersect. But this one’s been nasty for a long time:
Wade previously sued Siovaughn for claiming he gave her an STD, and a friend of the soon-to-be former Mrs. Wade once testified that she’s kind of nuts. But I’m not implying that she’s actually crazy, because I don’t want that sista suing me.
And by the way, crazy or not, Siovaughn does have a point: Dwayne Wade was, and still is, married. The number of actresses going after married men — Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Tori Spelling, and apparently Ms. Union … is pretty unseemly, given that whether they want to be or not, these women are role models. Okay, off my soap box.