Team West blasted what it called a “political hatchet job” by Democrats after NBC News reported his ties to the Outlaws biker club, which has been described as a criminal gang by the FBI. West’s full response after the jump, along with more information, released today by the DCCC, about the biker publication West has been a frequent contributor to, which has published articles calling women “oral relief stations.” First the West response to yesterday’s revelations. From the in-box:
A Statement by West Campaign Manager Josh Grodin
In what can only be described as a political hatchet job by the liberal mainstream media, NBC News – through reporter Lisa Myers – made an outrageous claim that LTC(R) Allen West condones criminal activity. Myers clearly has an agenda to try and stop good people like Allen who oppose the far left policies that are wreaking havoc upon our country.
It should not come as a surprise to the good people of South Florida that incumbent Ron Klein and his cronies in the Democratic Party are playing dirty tricks to destroy the character of a man who served 22 years in the US Army. Just like when they sent LTC(R) West’s social security number to tens of thousands of Florida residents, this is another desperate move for a politician who sees his power slipping away.
Let me be perfectly clear, Allen West has absolutely no ties to the outlaw bikers club – an organization with a history of criminal activity, as well as racism against African Americans.
But I want to know – When will Congressman Klein, the Democratic Party and their cheerleaders at NBC & MSNBC start talking about their records? When will they “drain the swamp” of Members with multiple ethics charges? This is supposed to be the People’s House. They accuse Allen West of hanging around with criminals, yet Congressman Klein is making the rounds in the District with impeached Federal Judge, Alcee Hastings.
In just over 2 weeks, the voters in Congressional District 22 will have the opportunity to tell these politicians that enough is enough – you will not earn their votes by denigrating American veterans. For the civilized voters in Congressional District 22, November 2nd cannot get here soon enough.
Next up, the latest release from the DCCC. Caution, some of this stuff is pretty disturbing…
Allen West Scheduled to Attend Biker Rally Tomorrow
Group that Denigrates Women & Motorcycle Gang Called “Organized Crime” Also Expected to Attend
One day following news that Allen West (FL-22) is tied to the infamous motorcycle gang the Outlaws – which has been described as “organized crime” – West is scheduled to appear at a Wheels on the Road biker rally at 7 p.m. tomorrow in Pompano Beach, FL.
Allen West is a monthly contributor to “Wheels on the Road,” a south Florida motorcycle magazine that frequently promotes the Outlaws and denigrates women. The Justice Department has said that the Outlaws produce and distribute methamphetamine, and engage in other criminal activities including arson, homicide, and prostitution.
Monday, West received national press attention when Republican Leader John Boehner campaigned with him in South Florida. West is supported by Republican leaders Sarah Palin, John Boehner, Republican Whip Eric Cantor, NRCC Chairman Pete Sessions, Kevin McCarthy, Paul Ryan, Mike Pence, and Darrell Issa to name just a few.
ALLEN WEST, WHEELS ON THE ROAD, & THE DENIGRATION OF WOMEN
Allen West is a monthly contributor to Wheels on the Road, a monthly motorcycle print and online magazine that promotes the Outlaws motorcycle gang and denigrates women. [Wheels on the Road website, accessed 10/15/10]
Articles in “Wheels on the Road” promote violence against women and referred to women as “oral relief stations.”
- From the October 2010 issue of Wheels on the Road, “Here are some of the things I have to deal with: Chicks telling me their knees hurt. Well you are an oral relief station on Nastopia and you should be happy only when your knees hurt. No get that red lipstick on and get back to being the best oral relief station on the block.” [Wheels on the Road, 10/1/10; Wheels on the Road website, accessed 10/15/10]
- From the October 2008 issue of Wheels on the Road, a contributor described women existing “to serve man.” He suggests that women wear “slave chokers” as accessories. [Wheels on the Road, 10/08]
- From the April 2010 issue of Wheels on the Road a contributor wrote: a 19 year old naked woman comes to his house wearing a sign that reads “If you catch me, you can have me.” He wrote, “Well before she could take a breath, I am off and running after her hot little ass. That naked little 19 year old only got 50 yards before I caught her and tackled her to the ground … Well I threw that hot little bitch over my shoulder and gave her a nice little spank on the butt, as I took her over to Club Nastopia to serve all my needs and desires for eternity. ..Me got naked 19 year old tied to brass pole!!!” [Wheels on the Road, 4/10]
West is scheduled to appear at a “Wheels on the Road” rally at 7:00 p.m. tomorrow in Pompano Beach, FL. [Wheels on the Road rally invitation, accessed 10/15/10]
ALLEN WEST & THE OUTLAWS
- Tonight, NBC News’ Lisa Myers reported that Allen West (FL-22) has ties to an infamous motorcycle gang, the Outlaws. [NBC, 10/15/10]
- The Justice Department has said that the Outlaws produce and distribute methamphetamine, and engage in other criminal activities including arson, homicide, and prostitution. [Justice Department, National Gang Threat Assessment 2009, Published January 2009, accessed 9/13/10]
- Yves Lavigne, author of “Hells Angels at War” was interviewed for the History Channel’s Gangland. Lavigne said, “The Outlaws consider women as an object to be used to make money. I mean she might be the guy’s girlfriend, she might be the guy’s wife, but he’s making her do 10, 20, 30 guys a night because it provides income for him.”###
I’ve reached out to Team West for a response, and to confirm whether he will be attending the Wheels on the Road rally today.
A link to the rally can be found here.
UPDATE: And this statement from the DCCC:
“Allen West’s ties to the Outlaws, a motorcycle gang and organized crime syndicate, and his role as a contributor to a magazine that denigrates women sends a chilling message to all South Floridians, particularly women, about the kind of person Allen West really is.”
-Shripal Shah, Regional Press Secretary for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee