New year, new adventures (and new MSNBC show!)

JoyToday was a big day in the life of your friendly neighborhood pundit. MSNBC announced the new daytime lineup, including yours truly, hosting the 2:00 hour weekdays. The new lineup is, if I do say so myself, fabulous. Peep it after the jump…

Here’s the new lineup:

• 5:00 Ed Schultz
  • 6:00 Politics Nation with Al Sharpton
  • 7:00 Hardball with Chris Matthews
  • 8:00 All In with Chris Hayes
  • 9:00 Rachel Maddow
  • 10:00 The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell

We’ll be announcing a name for the show soon, but I think it won’t be a surprise. Major thanks to all of you who’ve supported TRR and me over the years, friends, family and extended family alike, and to the lovely Tweeple who’ve made Tweeperville such a great place to be (even with the occasional troll.) And of course, one love to my MSNBC family, all the hosts, contributors, producers, tech guys, bookers, bosses, and my eternal family at TheGrio.

Here’s how the Grio Fam “>covered the news.

Here’s how the Huffpo covered it.

Here’s Lloyd Grove’s piece for The Daily Beast.

And here’s Variety.

Here we go, folks! The show starts February 24th, after the Olympics.

This entry was posted in News and Current Affairs and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to New year, new adventures (and new MSNBC show!)

Congrats! Well deserved. Hope you can continue writing your Herald column…

2. Deborah Boyd says:

I am an African American senior citizen woman born and raised by a mother and father that had a 6th grade education. They could go against the best of them intellectually. “Well Read!” Before he passed away at the age of 68 from complications of ALS, my father along with my mother were able to visit the mother land twice. His lifelong dream. He told me to listen and follow Rev. Al Sharpton and this was in the late 80’s and early 90’s.
    OMG he would be so proud of you. Not only your educational accomplishments, as he pushed us towards education telling us that education was the one thing no one could take away from you.
    In that regard, you represent not just black women of COLOR, but all blacks that fought the good fight. My father would be grinning from ear to ear seeing you at the helm. You can imagine what he would have been doing when President Obama was elected.
    I will continue to pray for you and I am sooooooo proud of you. I have watched you for the last few years. You are a role model for my 13 year old granddaughter. God’s blessings. Stay focused on His whisper in your ear and you will do find.

• Deborah says:

Ok My kids and grandchildren say you do not leave a long response. So that being said, God Bless and I keep being the voice for the lower food chain.

• Deborah says:

Tell Rev. Al I am doing what my father told me to do. I pray and acknowledge God’s blessings with you both. Please share with Rev Al. lolol I am probably in trouble with kids and grandkids.

3. Carl Harris says:

ABOUT TIME!!!!! It had to happen, you have been representin’ so beautifully as a guest commentator and it was patently obvious that your mind was sharp enough to host three of your own shows at the same time!!!!!! GOOD LUCK, and I will definitely be watching.

4. Shelton says:

I am really happy for you. I always love to hear your commentary on things and often wondered what you would say on certain topics with other hosts. I just love it!!! And that’s not to say that I always agree with you.

I saw this coming along time ago. My prediction is Ari Melber or the other guy who crunches numbers so well (sorry I forgot his name) he’s filled in for Lawrence a few times.

Best wishes. I have to set my dvr to record you since I work during that hour.

5. Anomaly100 says:

When Martin Bashir left MSNBC (for telling the truth) a large Facebook group I belong to had a conversation over who would be the best replacement. We all agreed after arguing for our favorite: Joy Reid, hands down.

6. Ivan Cohen says:

A shout out to Joy Reid and kudos to MSNBC. She comes across on the air as someone who has time management down to a science and is capable of multi-tasking. None of her other endeavors (the Grio or even this blog will suffer.) Another opportunity to broaden her presence on the electronic landscape.

7. Tracy Neely says:

Congratulations Joy! I am so happy for you. Well deserved.

Warmly,
    Tracy

8. hank dearborn says:

Good luck my wife and enjoy and respect you

9. Randye Sundel says:

Congratulations on getting your own show on MSNBC. I’ve always found your reporting and analysis to be especially thoughtful and original. While I’m guessing that you’ll call it ‘The Reid Report’, may I suggest ‘Reid All About It’. I make this recommendation not only because it is a play on a common journalistic phrase but because you, Joy-Ann, are all over every story you cover. No matter what the show’s name, I’ll be watching and cheering you on.